Michael Mina is an award-winning chef based in San Francisco who has built an empire with over 40 restaurants around the world. He was the executive chef at AQUA from 1993-2002 and his flagship restaurant, MICHAEL MINA is a Michelin two-star establishment.
He has been a featured guest chef at the James Beard House numerous times; cooked for three U.S. presidents: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama; and has been a guest speaker at C.I.A. in Hyde Park and at other culinary institutes in California.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Michael's persistence led to his big break
- How he was able to get Andre Agassi to become his investment partner
- The highs of being awarded two Michelin stars and the lows of losing one
- How he has mentored and partnered Ayesha Curry
- Advice he has for surrounding yourself with a great team
- The last time he was nervous cooking for someone
- Check out Michael's restaurants at The Mina Group here
- Follow Michael on Instagram here
- Follow him on Twitter here
Enjoyed this episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, the best way to support this podcast is by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts. Thank you for listening!